Friday, April 20, 2012

Losing it

There have been several times in my life where I lost my temper. Anybody who knows me knows I have a mouth and I know how to run it. I tend to have a flair for creating new words and they are words that when typed are censored with fancy symbols like this: !@#$%^&*!
Last night, AR slept in the bed with me and she did pretty good. [[[[I NEVER let her sleep in our bed when she was newborn because I was too scared she would suffocate and I myself never could sleep from the worry....she would sleep in her nap nanny next to me]]]] But since we have been admitted here she either slept in my arms or on me or she hasn't really slept. So she cried a whole lot less last night. And you know how hospitals are, they are in every hour to do some check or beep something so you never really sleep anyways.
Well, this morning, they were in at 4:26am to check her vitals{{which is totally redic taking her blood pressure every 4 hours but thats another story}}and I was like well I have one more nap then we will have a steady stream of people in and so I better go back to sleep, well i was woken again and looked at my iPhone and it was 4:07am....WTF? I thought I must've been delirious earlier but about 30mins later the phlebotomists came in and I knew my phone must be wrong. So that irritated me. Then, the stream of nurses getting vitals, starting meds, and doctors come in until 8:30a. So finally we all climb back in bed and decide to try to catch one more nap for the morning, it was cloudy outside, clean diapers, a fairly quiet hall and we all fall asleep, probably about 9am.... 9:31am some female{not a lady} comes in and starts changing the trash bags, yes the trash bags. there are three, none of which are 1/10th full and they are NOISY. and it was RIDICULOUSLY loud and obnoxious and completely unnecessary. So, I guess you could say I woke up on the wrong side of the bed. I have never wanted to stab somebody so bad in my life.
Until 12:36pm.
Michael was in a conference call with a guy about his practice and my dad was here and he suggested I go out for a walk to get out of the room for a bit. So I didn't make it far and my dad called me saying they wanted to take AR for a X-ray to recheck the placement of her feeding tube. They took one after they placed it and said the line was a little coiled in the stomach and wasn't as far as they liked in the jejunum but that they thought it would straighten out. Did they want to take this X-ray before starting the feeds- nah, that was not necessary. For whatever reason, they wanted it now....2 hours of drama and no changes later we still have the same tube and a mamma with some high blood pressure. Appearantly as long as she is not throwing up the feeding tube is fine. WHATEVS.
After that, my dad and I drove to my house where I haven't been since Sunday afternoon. And I got some of her button front sleepers and a few other things for me. Then, we picked up some take out from Tazikis....omg...so deeelish and came back to the hospital.
Michael's mom {Debbie} has a friend {Stormy} that has made several dresses and rompers and she made AR a hospital gown. ITS SOOO CUTE. So she modeled that and smiled a ton. Then was a little fussy but she's snoring as I type this. Hopefully, I can catch some z's pretty soon. Here are some of my pics from today:







This is actually from last night right before they took her IV out of her arm...her don't mess with my Mamma face...









Such a smiley girl :0)



Then these are from today::




Playing with PaPa and mini Carter




Too cute homemade card we got today




Modeling her new handsmocked gown with lace trim and ribbon tie back...








Practicing her pitiful face for the doctors





her blue steel







balloon attached to mug of flowers



All in all today was a good day, but I really wanted to drop kick about 5 people and didn't. Part if me wishes I would have and part of me realizes that I need to bite my tongue, watch my mouth and calm down. Thanks for the prayers. You will never know how much I appreciate the kind words and prayers. 


Good night, 


Dannis



2 comments:

Casey said...

Still praying for your sweet family. Big hugs to you Sweetie!

Abbey Road said...

Still praying for you guys! I remember when Delaney was in the hospital for a few days when she was about 6 weeks old. Totally different thing than with AR, but it did seem like no one else had any concept of night and day, just came in our room whenever. Your emotions are already running high just having to be there, and then adding ridiculousness to it makes it so much worse. Praying God's healing on AdaReece and that you guys will get to go home pretty soon!