the phrase above is somewhat of an ongoing inside joke between me and my michael. we started saying it when i was pregnant and EVERYBODY. EVERYBODY. would be like "you are about to have your WHOLE WORLD upside down...you are going to be soooooo different...you have know idea how much your life is about to change..." etc etc etc.. IT. DROVE. US. CRAZY!
*sidenote to self: NEVER SAY THAT TO PREGNANT COUPLE!!
Anyways...we would say {you don't even know} to each other because we felt like so many people were telling us that. And They Were Right. We didn't know...we had no idea... how could we...how could anybody? How could you know? How could I know that eating Cinnamon Toast Crunch like it was my job and never working out would make me gain 30 pounds that I STILL need to lose? How could I know that breastfeeding was not sunshine and rainbows, it was no milk, lactation consultations, crying, stress, bleeding, infections, then no dairy for a month and then throwing away 100+ ounces of frozen blood sweat and tears...How could I know that I would spend the worst two weeks of my life in the hospital and then the next 2 weeks in Hawaii on the best vacation ever... How could I know that I could be so proud of her growth and development and TERRIFIED to give her green beans and carrots? How could I know that sleep was so important and so hard? HOw could I know that when I did finally try to work out I'd pee myself all the time? How could I know that a nice long hot shower is the best place to cry?
How could I know that the Lord has a perfect plan and I should trust in Him and not worry myself into a nervous breakdown?
The only answer is I need to "be still and know" and that is my goal for my 31st year.
That is my new mantra. Psalm 46:10
So, next year when I'm blogging about whatever stage I'm in I'll have to look back to this post and see if I accomplished my goal...I also want to mention some other things that I didn't know just for others that are parents, caretakers or future parents...just some stuff I've been meaning to share:
This is something I found when I was not sleeping and wondering why AR would scream(turns out it was her GI problems but still this is interesting)
a good blog:
another good article:
and another:
ok. that is all. for now.
Dannis
1 comment:
How could I know that reading your blog would make me smile, cry, and laugh out loud similtaniously?! Thanks for sharing, friend- I love your mantra!
Post a Comment