AdaReece Elaine Weathersby
I chose this name a while back but it took a while to make sure it was the right one and how to spell it out.
Ada- Germanic origin- Noble kind; of the noble sort, Hebrew origin-Adornment, African origin- Oldest daughter.
|
Reece- Welsh origin- enthusiasm
Elaine- Greek origin- torch or bright light
Ada was Michael's grandmother's name(on his Dad's side). She passed away in March of this year. I met her twice. Once at her house on our way to the beach and once at Michael's Orthodontic graduation. She loved him sooo much. I remember she saw me rubbing and kind of scratching Michael's back while we were talking to family and she came over and said, "Hey! I'm supposed to be doing that- he used to always ask ME to rub his back!" I think Michael had her wrapped around his finger when he was little and AdaReece will have him wrapped around hers:)
Reece is my great-grandmother's maiden name(on my Dad's side). My uncle and cousin's middle names are Reece. When I told my Grandmother Holland that we were naming her AdaReece she was so thrilled. She told me that when she was pregnant with either my dad or uncles, if it had been a girl the name they had picked was AnaReece-she was very specific about how she only wanted one n and put the two together! How crazy is that?! She had never told me that before. I know God had a plan when he gave me this name:)
My mom's middle name is Elaine. So, since I don't ever plan on honoring her first name(Frankie) Elaine sounded good:)
So that's sweet precious baby girl Weathersby's name. We can't wait to meet her:)
Goodnight:)
Dannis
No comments:
Post a Comment