Sunday, May 6, 2012

ALOHA!

Well we made it and are loving life here in Wakiki. AdaReece did awesome on the plane, only fussed a tiny bit once or twice.
We loaded up and left Ooltewah at 5:30am to drive to the Atlanta airport. The traffic was TERRIBLE! We have never seen that much so early in the morning and it was raining. I was certain we would miss our flight. Of course we didn't. I don't know why I get so anxious about missing my flights. I like to fly, I just LOATHE airports. Anyways, there were tons of ortho people on the flight and obviously everyone loved AR and she just smiled at her adoring fans up and down the aisle when I walked her around. We heard to give a bottle on take off and landing to help relieve pressure but of course she was hungry just before take off and just before landing but still never acted like it bothered her. She actually slept thru takeoff. It was a 10 hour flight and it was probably one of the best flights I have ever had. The flight attendants kept bringing food and drinks, the movies were free and AR took 2-3 decent naps.
Once we arrived, she slept in the taxi on the way to the condo. We are staying at the Wyndham Wakiki Beachwalk. Super close to the beach and tons of shops everywhere. After we got settled in the condo we planned to take a quick nap then go out and meet friends but ended up falling asleep for like 3 hours! Saturday morning we walked around some of the nearby shops and ate breakfast at the Shore Bird. We went to a little reception for the UT alumni and got to show AR off there, took her back to the condo to bed with MawMaw then Michael and I went to the Doobie Brothers concert and to RumFire with our Seattle friends. Right now, M and AR are napping and we are about to walk around some more and I think tomorrow morning we will hike Diamond Head Crater. It is very crowded here but so breathtakingly beautiful. The trees are so cool looking.
More soon, hang loose:)
Us talking to some people from Georgia on the plane





in the van cab before she passed out, i think she looks concerned 

crazy tree

playing with her toys on the bed Saturday morning

Breakfast at Shore Bird

the view from breakfast

Back to the condo to wait on Daddy

more toy time, we took the flower off her romper because she kept getting it in her mouth

At the reception with Daddy, he's making crazy noises to get her to smile

Aunt Kortne, and us

Back in my PJ's while Mom and Dad get ready to go

another awesome tree

View from our walk to the concert

Doobie Brothers

Mai Tai

RumFire

No comments: