In Hawaii, she did great, only fussed when she was refusing to take a nap or she was ready for her bottle. Her eating and pooping was all on the up and up. She was(and is) a hungry hippo.
When we returned, we had a follow-up with the GI doctor and she is right on track with her weight (now 14.7lbs) and height (25inches). He was saying that she is following along her growth curve and is right on track with where she should be. I was always worried because she's around the 25th percentile in those measurements and he explained that as long as she is growing along this curve the percentile isn't really important.
It has been a struggle getting her to get some consolidated sleep, she was SO messed up from being in the hospital and being woken up around the clock, then super sleepy when we were home for 5 days then a 6 hour time change in Hawaii and was super hungry there. ***We brought 4 cans of formula thinking we would have 1 extra and we literally used every last bit of it! So she never slept thru the night while we were there and this week she has woken up around 3-4am every night. The GI doc said her body is using more calories because she is healing and a night feeding is fine. There is really no way for me to consider letting her cry it out. She may be waking up because of whatever reason and i REALLY want to sleep thru the night but every time I get up and give her a bottle and every time she sucks it right down. She is now having about 6-7 ounces of neocate at a time for a total around 30ounces a day and poops about 1 time a day. The GI doc also gave us a sample can of neocate cereal. I really can't wait to try it but I'm going to give it one more week. Until I know that the poop and everything else is on track. This week she has been so much fun and has loved hopping away in her jumpy seat.
It will be very hard to narrow down pics from Hawaii to post on here so I'll do my best and blog on a few of my fave things in a separate post...
Today we went to the Flanagan's lake house and swam with Cooper(11months), his Aunt Katie, Wynn(7months) and her Aunt Ally. I didn't get a group photo because we were all 'all hands on deck' but a snapped a few of AR:

More soon!
Dannis

No comments:
Post a Comment