Thursday, June 9, 2011

MaY DaYs

May has been especially fun mainly because Michael and I took a super long weekend to go to Chicago!

Although we didn't run into Oprah or any of her friends we saw the sights and ate our way through the city.

The weather was pretty horrendous the first few days but we didn't let that stop us from seeing a Cubs game, shopping, eating, seeing the bean (cloud gate) and of course getting our learn on at the Courses for the American Association of Orthodontics (why we were there in the first place).
pretty tulips lined the roads

cubs v. giants game from the rooftop across the street

getting settled on the ferris wheel at pier park

view from the top


scary smile from top of ferris wheel

 Michaels is laughing at me because I am so scared
cool sculpture

 amazing stained glass exhibit at pier park this one switched from milky white when not back lit to full color when back lit!

super windy city

awesome stained glass tree trunk




 mikey's getting a little tired...
the bean. really it's called Cloud Gate




We also enjoyed some great eateries. We ate at the 95th floor of the John Hancock building, Tavern on Rush, Giordano's, Gino's East, and Sprinkles Cupcakes...again, I took pics of these but I can't find my mobile upload photos on my macbook. arg. maybe another day. 


Right now, we are at Myrtle Beach, about to shop and lay out and maybe I will get another post in before we leave:)
XO, Dannis

No comments: