It is still amazing to me that even after trying and having a such disappointment how amazed I was that I was pregnant. How it still amazes me that I am pregnant. Words cannot the begin to describe the flood of emotions that I felt on Tuesday, April 12, 2011 when I saw the + on the CVS generic pregnancy test. I had taken one on May 31st and it was a nice bold digital NOT PREGNANT on the screen that day. I had taken about 7 others that read the same in previous months. But, after eating a cadbury egg and a couple sleeves of Peeps bunnies I decided I WAS going to take one even though Michael was in Arizona, 3 time zones away, even though I was cramping like the mother of all periods was about to come, even though I had had spotting about 8 days ago, even though I was ready to just start taking Clomid already and figure out what was wrong with me. Astounded when the plus sign magically appeared on that plastic stick. Tears, laughter, relief, joy and guilt. I felt so guilty that Michael was not here, he didn't get to see the magic + appear. How was I going to tell him?! I can't really say all the thoughts that ran through my head for the next few hours. I cannot see how teenagers and other adults hide their pregnancy from their loved ones for months. I was exploding to tell any and every person I could.
I finally told Michael while we were talking on FaceTime and he got to see the magic + and he said I KNEW YOU WERE! He started telling his Ortho people that same night.
Here is the magic +:
We went to our new OB/GYN on Friday, April 15, 2011 and they took the most beautiful picture I had ever seen:
We talked to the Nurse Practitioner that day, Kay Medford, and they drew blood, I had to go back on Monday and they drew more, We went back about 2 weeks later on April 28, 2011, when they did another ultrasound, the heart rate was 146 and they said while everything looked pretty good, they wanted to put me on Prometrium to make sure the baby got enough support until the placenta took over.
I went back again on May 27th and they did more bloodwork and a doppler the heart rate was 176! My mom was with me for this appointment and she said "Sounds like a girl!" and Dr. Childs said, yeah it kinda does:)
I can't wait to go back on June 30th to have our next ultrasound!! We may be able to tell if its a boy or girl:)
Thanks for all the prayers and sorry to just now blog about this great news, I hope to have made it over the hurdle of the exhausting first trimester and will keep you posted!
Love, Dannis



2 comments:
Dannis I'm so so happy for you! It was worth the wait and I can't wait to follow your love story! Long distance love, hugs and prayers for a great pregnancy, a safe delivery and a healthy baby!
Thanks Katie! I've been praying for you!! XOXOOOOO
Post a Comment