if you haven't read this book, go read it. i think it's on sale at target for $10 right now. I read it when we went to myrtle beach and I could not put it down. I laughed out loud and cried in front of strangers at the beach.
Tonight, i went with a bunch of ladies to watch it. after getting a formal invitation in the mail, i went to my friends house after work and she had mint juleps, sweet tea, fried chicken, slaw, beans, cornbread AND chocolate pie:) most girls wore their pearls and lilly pulitzer dresses:) I cried my eyes out throughout the whole movie. It was great.
I have been sad this week. Stressed. Ill. Irritated. Short. My right eyelid has been twitching. Last night, I slept on the couch because I got mad at Michael for emailing on his bright ass laptop from bed. I needed a good cry.
My memory verse this week has been: The Lord is close to the brokenhearted and saves those who are crushed in spirit. ~Psalm 34:18.
I believe this verse, I only pray that I could live it right now. I can't explain how elated I am to be pregnant, to have such a great family, job, friends, REALLY. I have an awesomely blessed life. But I can't shake this unrest this week. I feel like a failure. scared that I'm going to let
Good nights,
Dannis
1 comment:
i like how you say "bright ass" and then quote a bible scripture. all in one post. it's like we are sister. or soulmates.
it's so incredibly hard being pregnant. no one tells you that. it's suppose to be rainbows and sunshine. not assholes and stinky cheese. but that's just the way it goes. some people are blissfully happy. and i hate those people. i was never one of those people.
but at the same time, i always thank God for giving me a big heart. and big feelings. and big tears. and i allow myself a bad day. or ten.
your friend is right. this is the beginning of the most emotional journey you will ever be on. for the next, oh....idk...60 years of your life?
it will also be the best. at times, you'll feel your heart is going to explode with joy. and then other times it will break. break like you didn't know it could.
i'm praying for you. sending so much love your way.
xoxo.
Post a Comment