Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Honduras Day 5: San Ramone

Tuesday, July 27. I'm 29!!!
Today there were alot of crazy noises outside early this morning. They started celebrating for me. We were ready to leave for San Ramone at 7:30 but the truck that we were supposed to ride was not. I got a birthday song and some skittles:) thanks Andrew! I still haven't opened the card I got from my mom or Michael. I'm saving them for tonight.
Finally, we got loaded up in trucks and rode up into beautiful mountains to the village. Here are some pics from the extra bumpy ride up:











Once we got there we had everybody gathered around. There were soo many of them! More than we had planned for. So we did women up on this cliff area and the kids down on this muddy flat area next to this beautiful rocky creek. It reminded me of Rock Island in Tennessee. So we taught them duck,duck, goose ( Pato, pato, gonzo) and tic tac toe and the match/ memory game and we played with a small nerf football and a soccerball (which the kept each).
We took a break for lunch and were going to eat but some people didn't want to eat in front of them and we were all pretty hot so we decided to do our noahs ark story and finish early and eat later. So we told the story and did bracelets and gave toothbrushes and candy. Here they are lined up for our goodies.





We made our trip back and passed out candy down the mountain.
At dinner, we had cake and sang happy birthday to me and Teresa. Now we are heading to the pizza hut to use wifi in the parking lot while others shop at the maxi bodega.
Tomorrow is our last day of visiting villages. This week has gone by so fast.
Love you! Dannis
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPhone

No comments: