
Will I ever have 'closure' from my trip to Honduras? Probably not.
As the others who went before me described: "its like you go and it breaks your heart and you leave part of your heart there" (I think that was from Becky Tedford but the Waters family also said similar things). I feel like a basket case at times today. I feel ashamed of all the material possessions and comforts I have. Michael probably thinks I'm crazy because when we came into our house last night I just started crying uncontrollably and have cried a couple of time since then. Its something you have to experience to get it. I am so blessed, it doesn't seem fair.
I had a wonderful trip in a beautiful country full of smiles and bonds that can't be duplicated. I can't wait to go back. I feel like part of me is there.
The last night of the trip we all sat around the table at our fancy hotel and talked about our experiences and it really is amazing to witness the powers of God. He is so amazing and perfect.
I wanted to add some pics from my canon camera that I took on the trip, the first is a video from our last day of going to villages. Last year, or maybe earlier this year, ChristWay took up a special offering to build a church in Duyusupo, a small village in Honduras. Here is some of the kids there singing a bible school song:
No comments:
Post a Comment