I have a HUMONGOUS weakness for Cadbury eggs. Like a hoarder. or a binger. I cannot get enough. I have probably eaten 15 since they began selling them. I really need them to leave the shelves forever and pray that I am not in the store the day they all go on clearance and I can by 10 for a $1 because I would probably buy every last one.That said, Michael is turning into the Hitler of nutrition. No bad food in our house anymore. He even threw the Splenda in the garbage this morning! (I got it out and gave it to our neighbors). We have been aware of things we need to change about our eating habits but never really been motivated to...He came back from Tucson on a mission. A mission to eat healthy and workout! He has downloaded all this Insanity shredder stuff and I am really starting to get nervous! I love fresh fruits and veggies but what about my mac and cheese? my ramen? my cheeses? cupcakes? cookies?
Then I started reading this book I found at McKay's, Skinny Bitch Bun in the Oven. It's by these 2 model vegan nutrition ladies-that use very fowl language- but I like it because it just makes it easier to read all this factual scary stuff about all the crap we put in our bodies! There is a Skinny Bitch, Skinny Bitch in the Kitch and one other. I have already been discussing some of the topics in the book with patients, friends, etc. But it like reading this book lays it out there, bold language, you can't ignore. It talks about dairy and how it's not such a good source of calcium, and it's unnatural to have milk after infancy, how the FDA is not to be trusted on what's "safe" about articificial sweeteners, the hormones and pesticides in our beef, eggs and chicken etc. etc. etc. MIND BLOWING info. I had a patient not too long ago who told me about The China Study, which is a book mentioned in SB. This book discusses years of research proving links between dairy and cancer and other harmful things about dairy and other animal proteins.
No comments:
Post a Comment